Friday, September 12, 2008

To tackle a blouse

The reason I re-sign every time on wardrobe refashion is because it really prevents me from buying all those great clothes in those great sales. It also pushes me to start sewing my own clothing. A skill I really want to learn, but it requires time and effort. Both I am unwilling to sacrifice of course, cause there is always something else to do. However, if you are down to your last [insert clothing item here] , then you *are* highly motivated to actually start learning how to make one for yourself!
Right now, I am starting a simple blouse with short sleeves. Princess lines with a little gathering down the front and a nice collar on it. Burda 7942 . Oh, and mine will be white.
I don't know why I've never sewn a blouse before. I guess I was just scared of them - or to be more precise, scared of the collar and the buttonholes! I have now tackled the collar and although I guess I could have done better, I think it is OK-looking. The buttonholes I still have to do. Pictures of the finished project will probably be posted next week, as I will be leaving town this weekend for a nice big family birthday bash!

No comments: