Sunday, July 27, 2008

I-sew-Party!

It was about time for a new refashion!
I have started a sewing course that will gradually work up from pillows and aprons, to skirts and blouses, pants. etc. So here is the first item: a pillowcase for a pillow. Kitteh loved it! :-)


mahpillow



Later that week I invited over my friend for a sewing party. She just got this nice new machine, but is still a bit afraid to use it - and I needed some shorts, so I suggested a cosy afternoon of sewing together.
She brought a HUGE bag of fabrics, and one lovely vintage print immediately caught my attention. She already made -but not finished- a pillowcase with it and with a bit of adjustment is was done in no-time. Don't you just love this fabric?


vintagefabric



Since I needed shorts, and she needed practice, we pulled out some striped flannel from her bag-O-stash and started with New Look 6160. It really is a lovely and easy pattern built for instant succes! I think we look great!


Photobucket
patternused
pinningpattern
finished

No comments: