Friday, February 2, 2007

Same idea, new material - decision made.

Thanks everyone who posted a comment to vote on the sleeves! Most of you voted for the patterned insert. However, one of you answered the following:

" [...] in a weird kind of way I thought of "vest" as "veste" in French which means jacket......and somehow I twisted the meaning in my mind so I thought you meant a sleeveless jacket.
I also thought that it looked great and I couldn't understand the problem since it looked finished... [...]
In my mind you have 3 solutions:
1. make it a sleeveless jacket; it already looks great
2. make 3/4 length sleeves (or whatever you can cover with your too short sleeves)
3. insert a really contrasting patch (colour/texture/pattern)to elongate the sleeve so it looks like it's done on purpose."

I really tried all options. The original patch-idea looked funny, the 3/4 sleeve only looks ok when wearing a long sleeve t-shirt but wasn't really doing anything for me. Inserting a completely new sleeve of a different material seemed to be the only option left. But then I figured: "why confine the vest to one sleeve option?" If I make it sleeveless I can wear it over any color I like! And Christina was right, it looked great already!
Thank you Christina, for your thoughts...

No comments: