Monday, February 26, 2007

Popular pattern

Again, a little knit shirt from the pattern I used before. I mean, why change a good thing? I used a remnant of knit fabric I have lying round my stash. The pattern is really easy, just three parts. I cut out the parts, I do the necklines front and back, hemline if need be and then the sleeve hem. After that I just serge the sucker together! These knit fabrics have a nice edge that does not need hemming. So to make my life easier, I used it as a hemline on the body parts. I need to learn a thing or two about V-necks though. I keep fiddling with the point and I have to make a little dart at the point to keep it nice. I have seen many shirts in the shop use the same method, so I am not *that* worried about it. The pattern also has a rounded bottom edge. I do not care for this, so I straightened it out (just followed the fabric edge).
More to come from this pattern.....

2 comments:

Eithne said...

love the top,have a similiar fabric in my stash and would love to make one of these tops!What pattern did you use?:)

Caroline said...

Dear Eithne,
I used a pattern from a dutch fashion/pattern magazine. If you would like a copy please send me a stamped envelope and I will return it with the pattern pieces.