Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Staying with fleece...

As I mentioned in the earlier post: I need more sportsclothes. Preferably something that comes close to my beloved green fleece vest. I spotted this DIY clothing magazine with a lovely hoodie on the front cover. I fell instantly in love and decided that I was gonna make it.





I did not want a two-way zip though, and I wanted fleece (for obvious reasons by now). It was gonna be easy just to cut the zip straight at the hemline, instead of the curve in the pattern. I thought the vest had a lot of seams, but it turned out they "cheated" and have sewn a lot on with a coverstitch. I do not own a coverstich machine, but my normal sewing machine can fake an overlockstitch and that would be good enough for me :-)

To get the nice 'coverstitch' hems I just used a fleece blanket that was already finished this way. The blanket has cost me 3 or 4 euro once, don't remember. I have a pile of fleece blankies, but this was the only one with the nicely finished edge.




So, I cut out the pattern pieces, made the hoodie and am very happy with it!
(sorry for the crappy pictures, but my digital camera is an 8-year-old-first-generation digital camera)

1 comment:

Alma said...

What a beautiful job you've done!
And I love purple....