Monday, January 29, 2007

The first refashion from a new refashionista!

Next to making irish dancing dresses, I actually dance as well. I have so many classes during the week, that I am always behind doing the laundry. I need more sportsclothes! After dancing I need to keep myself warm and sweaters or fleece vests are perfect for that. I have one dark green fleece vest I absolutely love, and I have been walking around with a plan to make more fleece items for a long time now...

So, nothing better than the present! I found this huge fleece sweater from my boyfriend (I think). It is very big, he never wears it, and it's fleece....perfect! (I put my yardstick on that thing to show how big it actually is....that is over 55 cm you see there).
Anyway, I have been visiting the boards from craftster and I can show you how those refashionistas regularly tackle a project like this.


First: cut off the sleeves.
Second: put an item that fits you on top of your hugely oversized shirt/sweater and draw out the curves of your sleeve armholes and sides and/or hemline.







Third: cut new shape, overedge and sew all hemlines, sew sides.
Fourth: adjust sleeves to accomodate new armhole, sew sleeves, set in sleeves.

Last: make a nice piccy showing everyone your new and cute clothing item :-)



4 comments:

Jenny said...

Nice work! It looks like it fits you well.

Eilleen said...

Oh that looks great! Thank you too for the tutorial! Now I know what to do with my husband's long sleeve shirts and jumpers!

Becky said...

Definitely an improvement!!

S said...

Just joined Wardrobe Refashion and am poking around some of the blogs. Your sweatshirt turned out great!