Thursday, April 17, 2008

Too busy!

I haven't been posting here for a while. The reason is not that I have fallen off the wagon. I have been a good girl and stuck to my pledge. With all the re-signing I have done I think I have been coming up to nearly a year and a half of being a refashionista!

I have bought some clothes in that period. But you are allowed to for a few times. Once was at the beginning of the pledge - I had bought some new sportsclothes, sweatpants, t-shirt you know, for my dancing. I kindof think it is specialty clothing and wasn't sure if it counted, but hey....
Then I bought 2 pairs of jeans after New Year. I really, really tried to make pants myself, but I was so busy with dresses and all. And I had no jeans left... So I bought only two (cause it was two for the price of one).
And the latest splurge was last march. 2 blouses and one top from Primark in Belfast. I figured I deserved those, as I had thrown out about 30% of my wardrobe at that time and donated to charity.

So, there ya go. 3 buying events in 16 months. I don't think that is bad at all, even if I do say so myself. I am still in dire need of pants, but summer is creeping up on us and I do have enough skirts to wear. I just don't do skirts in winter... even with tights and all I still think it's too chilly!

I really should work on the making of stuff, but as I mentioned earlier, I really am sewing irish dancing dresses non-stop. I am not even updating my blog! But soon, soon, I will make some shorts from a Burdastyle pattern, and soon soon, will I make myself a nice sleeveless top. I have all the fabrics. I really should start on it!

No comments: