Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Granny shawl

I used to have a triangle shawl from my granny. I loved it very much as it could be used as a shawl and a wrap. ....it disappeared when I moved in with my boyfriend 3 years ago. Since then I forgot about it as crochet items were not in fashion anymore and hey, one oughtta keep up with fashion right? Wrong. I loved that shawl dearly and when I noticed these triangle wraps were coming into fashion again and crochet is now the *hot* thing to do apparently, my thoughts dwindled on my old black wrap and it's comfort. So, nothing to do about it: I had to learn to crochet and make myself one. I had already started knitting simple scarves and I figured crochet was not that different from it. I bumped into this pattern for a triangle shawl in one of those shops where they sell all kinds of wool and knick-knacks for knitting and sewing. It was hanging on a dressform and I just loved it soooooo much! The kind lady of the shop saw me gazing at it and told me: "You know, if you know how to crochet, single crochet and double crochet, it is really easy to make. And if you don't know how to, I'll show you -no problem". And I did. It was really easy to follow the pattern, it only took me a week doing a few rows every evening sitting in front of the telly with my boyfriend. AND I LOVE IT!!! 6 euro worth of skins and I am sooooo much happier now :-) I can't wait to show my Grandma!Img_3700


Img_3701

No comments: