Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sewing together is so much more fun!



My friend Jiska and I decided we needed to start sewing together. This was quite a lot of fun as Jiska had almost never sewn before. We had bought this flowery fabric at the latest fabric market and really wanted to make a wrap dress from it. After searching a few pattern magazines we found the right (simple enough) model and went for it! It was really nice going step by step and explaining why you do something a certain way. I had almost forgotten how much I have already learnt in all those sewing years!
We started in the afternoon and after much talking, chatting, some tea, more chatting and finally some sewing we got the dress finished 'round eleven at night. And doesn't it look cute!
My boyfriend commented it looked like a "granny dress" (don't you just love guys?) and we think it might be the effect of the color of the flowery fabric. We're thinking about spicing it up a bit by adding some colorful ribbon around the collar/neckline and around the hemline and/or shortening the sleeves into cap-sleeves to make it look 'younger'. Please leave your thoughts about these ideas!

Oh, and I will make myself an exact copy of this one, as we bought 6 meters of the fabric! :-D

2 comments:

SYLVIE said...

Really like the dress and the color! Sounds like you and your friend had a great time!

I like your idea of making the sleeves shorter it would look "younger" instead of like a granny dress ;)

Unknown said...

I love the dress! It even looks kind of cute with the capris/leggings under it. Great color and style!